Types of Newspaper Advertisement
Look at the images below. What do you observe? The staggering numbers of newspaper circulation in 2019? Well, that is the power of newspapers in the 21st century. Despite the dominant digital world, newspaper sales are growing. Hence, we at Creative Thinks Media, an advertising agency, have curated this article to help you know everything about the world of newspaper advertisements.
So if you are a marketer or VP/Head of sales and marketing at a company, then this article might be of help for you.
To start with, it is essential to know the types of newspaper advertisements. There are three types of newspaper advertisements, Text Classified Ad, Classified Display Ad and Display Ad.
Is Types Of Newspaper Advertisement Still Relevant?
- Text Classified Ads:
These are an economical way to go about newspaper advertisements. It just has text and appears in the classified section of the newspaper. These sorts of ads are usually right for some job openings, matrimony, name change, lost and found, etc.
2. Classified Display Ads:
These are slightly different from the text classified ads. As the name suggests, they have an image that comes in the ad to makes it more appealing. The chances of conversions with the help of classified display ads are high, and the cost of buying a slot of a classified display ad is still economical when compared to its ROI. These types of display ads are usually taken up by small brands that want to showcase their products and services in a presentable manner to the local audience. For example, we at Creative Thinks Media would go for such ads as we are an advertising agency and would love to leverage the power of display.
3. Display Newspaper Advertisement:
There is no denial of the fact that display ads can take a business’ advertisement standards to a higher level. Though these ads are expensive but are often bought by big brands for better brand recall and conversions. These ads are enormous and can capture an entire page of a newspaper.
Now when you know about the types of ads, it is time to know about the 10 Most Popular Newspapers in India. This list below will help you in deciding which publication works best for you.
Most Popular Newspapers in India
- Dainik Bhaskar:
• This is a Hindi daily newspaper and has readers across India. With a circulation of approx. 7 million papers in a year, Dainik Bhaskar is one of the most trusted daily of the country.
• First circulated in Bhopal in 1958, this newspaper has now expanded its reach to 14 states and produces 62 editions in 4 major languages. Click here to Book Now
2. The Times Of India:
• The Times Of India is the third most distributed and read newspaper in India and is also one of the oldest English dailies.
• This newspaper reached an average of 5.64 million people this year.
• Headquartered in Mumbai, this news publication has stretched its wings across India. Book TOI ad online at low price
3. Amar Ujala:
• Most famous in tier 2 cities of India, this newspaper has 19 editions under its cap. The motto of this newspaper is Josh Sach Ka.
• With an approximate circulation of 5.8 million copies, there is no denial of the fact that people in India love these newspapers.
• Headquarters in Noida, Amar Ujala is owned by Amar Ujala Publications Ltd.
4. Danik Jagran:
• Danik Jagran is the most read newspaper in India. With a circulation of around 7.4 million copies every year, it is one of the oldest newspapers which still holds a readership and command in 2020.
• Owned by Jagran Prakashan Limited and headquartered at Kanpur, this newspaper was started in 1942 and had covered various instances/articles about the struggle for India’s independence. Find low rates for Danik Jagran
5. The Hindu:
• Headquarter in Chennai, The Hindu is the second most English daily read in India.
• With a circulation of 5.7 million copies every year, this newspaper is preached by UPSC and SSC aspirants.
6. Hindustan Times:
• The third most-read newspaper in India, Hindustan Times is owned by Shobhana Bhartia, who holds the title of being one of the most powerful women in India.
• Headquarter in New Delhi, there are approximately 4.7 million copies of the Hindustan Times that are circulated around the year. Book HT Classified online
7. Punjab Kesari:
• Owned by the Punjab Kesari Group (The Hindsamachar Ltd.), this newspaper was launched by Lala Jagat Narain along with his son Romesh Chander.
• The aim of the newspaper in its early days was to highlight the terrorism and violence in Punjab and continued with the same zeal and motivation even after the owners were assassinated.
• There are 3 million copies of this newspaper that are circulated every year, and it is considered one of the most genuine newspapers in India.
• Lokmat is one of the most read newspapers in a regional language in India.
• Headquarter in Mumbai and circulated in Maharashtra and Goa, this Marathi paper is most read Marathi paper in the country.
• Owned by Lokmat Media Limited, there are 6 million copies of this newspaper that are circulated every year.
9. Navbharat Times:
• One of the most read newspapers of Delhi, Lucknow and Mumbai, Navbharat Times was launched by Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd
• Headquartered in Mumbai and founded in 1946, this newspaper has a circulation of 4.23 million copies around the year.
• Published in Hindi, it has one of the easiest styles of presenting the news and hence is loved by millions in the country.
10. The Economic Times
• Owned by Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd and established in 1961, this is one of the most repotted papers in the country for economics and finance highlights.
• Published in 12 cities of the country, its content is quite polished and is often read by business owners and managers.
• Talking about its circulation, 3.6 million copies of The Economic Times are circulated across the country every year.
In conclusion, as a Newspaper advertising agency, we definitely recommend newspaper advertising to every brand that wants to target a local audience. In case you need any help with newspaper advertisements, our experts at Creative Thinks Media, awarded as the #1 INS accredited Newspaper advertising agency are there to guide you.