Why Social Media is Important & Beneficial
Social media took the world by storm a couple of years ago and now it’s never going to be the same again. With screen time constantly increasing, it’s tough to find someone who doesn’t have an account on a social media platform. The number of social media accounts only seems to be growing with people having no intention to stop anytime soon.
Not only are people are using this to post pictures of their daily lives, but they’re also using the power of social media to promote businesses and influence people on a large scale. With so little time on everyone’s watch in this fast-paced life, social media still takes away a massive portion of that time.
- Social media offers amazing platforms to get the word out about your business easily without having to spend much. You can either let your posts reach people organically or promote them to reach a wider audience. The amount spent on social media advertising will still be way less than the amount spent on any other type of advertisement.
- Unlike with normal advertisements where you require someone to help you get your advertisement out, anyone with an internet connection can advertise on their own without minimal or no help.
- The majority of people use social media and getting your word out would be easy as the internet is accessible easily by anyone.
- You can target a certain age group and choose certain demographics to run your advertisements to. This would help your brand in reaching the right people.
- Every client you can, you can directly interact with from your social media account without the interference of anyone.
- You can reach millions of people around the world with only the power of engagements. The more people interact with your posts, the more likely it will reach a diverse audience.
When we compare normal advertising, suppose emails, there’s barely any chance that someone would actually open them and view what’s inside. Imagine people scrolling through their social media feed and find an interesting picture or video. Which one would you prefer? Definitely the picture or video. That’s what social media does. It attracts you and persuades you to interact with what you see.
If you already have a lot of followers on social media, it’s best to post surprising posts or something that’s fun and lively as that would make your old customers wanting to buy your products again as well as attract new ones.
If the content, picture, or video that you share isn’t interesting enough, there’s a huge chance that only a few people will interact with it. In the social media’s age, everything has a very short span so the idea is to grab one’s attention at the lowest time possible.
If you’re selling gadgets, say smartwatches, writing a blog post on it, or posting a picture and adding a link at the end of the description with a powerful one-liner on why you should buy it would act as a call to action. If someone has read the article that long to be able to reach the end of it, they must be really interested in wanting to buy it. Adding that link gives them an opportunity to buy and for you to grow your business. It’s a win-win situation.
If you’re a local restaurant, you can post pictures of your dishes on social media and even add your customers to tag your business in their posts whenever they visit and take pictures. This allows other people to see that your business exists and provokes them to try it out.
Before you post anything, it’s best to clearly identify who you want to target and set realistic goals for the number of people you want to reach. Keeping in mind the best time to post, the age group, gender, and more, you can identify the best time to post so that there’s maximum engagement.
With continued social media usage becoming the norm now, top universities around the world are adding social media marketing into their curriculum to make sure students are up to date on the latest marketing trends. There are also colleges that offer degrees and diplomas for students who specialize in social media marketing.
The major platforms visited by internet users are social media websites and blogs. This is another reason why social media is important for anyone who’s trying to grow their business.
- Social media doesn’t discriminate. All you need is a phone or a computer and an internet connection. Anyone from anywhere in the world can access various social media platforms. This offers scope for businesses to acquire clients globally.
- Skyrocket your sales with little or no amount spent on advertising. All you need to do is post quality content consistently. If you’re selling locally, social media helps you venture out into the world and possibly sell to the world.
- You can view what your competitors are doing and also keep up with the latest trends that are going on in the digital world.
- Instead of spending a lot on printing flyers and advertising on TV, you can come up with a social media strategy and promote it for free on social media platforms. This removes the burden of spending your finances and allows you to save for using those finances elsewhere for something more important.
- For customers wanting to buy products, they might be hesitant to visit your company or call you to find out more. Social media allows them to send a text message and directly reach out to you.
When you use social media in the right way, it could turn out to be wonderful for you and your business. Customers can share their stories of their association with you. Social media brings people closer than ever in this digital age and now is the best time to build your brand’s social media presence.