Why Creativity is Essential to Digital Marketing
Marketing has always been about selling the brand and especially in the traditional media it is always more about selling products and services but with the advent of digital media marketing is not just limited to putting out advertisements. Digital media is more about two-way communication and establishing a real relationship with your customers through various platforms. It’s about creating engagement and converting engagements into the leads.
Despite being a very new medium there are a few methods and techniques that are said to be working as guiding principles for digital marketing. We all know how transparent the digital mediums are hence everyone is racing to ace the number game. But marketing is not about numbers always, if we look back at the greatest campaigns all the time we find one thing common in each one that they all were out of the box ideas which no one thought of. Hence if you and your brand are looking for creating an impact that lasts forever you have to move forward from the set principle and get creative with your brand.
What are the different creative elements:
- Videos: Videos are a very powerful medium for storytelling many brands use it to create campaigns on youtube or social media. Videos are a very great medium to grab the attention of the viewer for a long time. If used effectively videos can induce emotions and can be used by brands to tell stories. Brands are these days creating their own music videos, short films and much more to promote values as well as the brand. Here is an example of great storytelling by HP for the Diwali campaign where they wanted to promote the value of shopping Local during Diwali and through the video they touched many many hearts.
NOTE - Vodeo taken by Youtube
- Photographs: Photographs are best used to showcase your products in the best light and it is important to showcase your product in a very creative way which not only shows the product but also shows the value attached to it and that actually makes the customer think about the product. Like in this image the stripe on the dress is merged with the one with one the road and it is creative, out of the box and eye-catching. Your photography should stand out from the rest of the products in the market.
- Illustrations: Illustrations or graphics are one of the mediums which have been one of the most booming industries right now and with the illustrations, you can go as far as you want and you can create whatever you can imagine. The illustrations are highly used these days to promote products on social media and just to interact with the audience. Illustrations are great for products and services where there is not much to display the product or the services which are intangible. In this ad by Starbucks, they have used the graphic to celebrate the eid and also promoted their brand in a very subtle way.
- Content: Nothing can beat a well-written ad copy and it is important to use the content for constant communications with your clients and we know how powerful words are. Here is a great example of using words in an advertisement. The Staedtler showed the importance of highlighter by writing exaggerated content and highlighting important words. This is a great example of making relevant things stand out.
- Audio: Nowadays audio does not only mean radio but these days brands are creating their own podcasts which are the new radios and have been used by many brands to tell stories and connect to the customer. It is important to note that podcasts and radio are only ear media and hence three are no visuals to look at and if a brand can promote their brand without visuals then it's a great medium for them. 2 Minutes of Zen is a great example of this podcast. Medium is toothpaste but obviously you can’t create a podcast about toothpaste so Zenduim creates this podcast “2 Minutes of Zen” which their users can listen to while brushing their teeth and as it takes 2 minutes to brush teeth each episode is of around the same length. The Idea is genius because people usually take this much time to brush their teeth and this can create great memories of the brand.
- Colors: Colors are very important for a brand. For example, if I say Coca-cola to someone the red color will always pop in their minds and hence similarly while we do branding it is important to know that we use colors in a way that resembles the brand and that it remains constant. Colors and fonts always define the image of your brand and creating a set palette beforehand are very important for the branding and creative team.
Things to remember while creating any content:
- Always create the creatives from the user's point of view. Always remember that they do not know about the brand as much as you do and hence your task is to inform the user and at the same time make them remember the brand.
- Secondly, keep the value before your brand. Your brand should always tell the story that connects with the customer and when they connect to that story they will connect with the brand automatically.
- Use your mediums and elements specifically- for example, you should not use audios on a medium like Instagram where the user is looking for visuals and not the audios and hence the selection of medium and elements must be done very carefully.
- Remember consistency is very important. If the people don’t hear from you constantly they will definitely listen to your competitors and hence consistency and creativity should both go hand in hand.
- Lastly, always remember to uphold the essence of your brand in everything you do and whatever medium you use. Your customers should always remember you for your USP and that is important for any communication you make.
We at Creative Think Media have a dedicated team that works in creating the most effective online campaign for social media through the strategic use of different creative elements. Our goal is always to make the brand presence as wide as possible and create more leads. We come with the expertise of more than 12 years in Advertising and we assure our clients the best quality and best results.